What is QuickBooks
QuickBooks is a software solution for management of payroll, inventory, sales, and others. As it provides corporate solutions, it is good for various companies: from startups to work with hundreds of employees. QuickBooks has the following features: include marketing tools, merchant services, product and supplies, training solutions, etc.
QuickBooks can help you with the following options:
- monitor expenses,
- create invoices and reports,
- track change orders and job status,
- manage inventory, customers, vendors, and employees.
Magento QuickBooks integration with Microservices
MageDirect integrates Magento with QuickBooks using a single microservice, designed for you, or a network of microservices.
Simple and clear:
Microservices are a network of stand-alone mini-applications that divide your business logic into small parts that are easier to develop and maintain. Single Microservice performs exactly one business function.
Microservices can interact with each other via the API. This is a modern engineering technique that allows you to be more flexible in making routine tasks, especially if you are developing an omnichannel system.
- Business logic is separated from Magento Extension
- You will receive a standalone mini-application (microservice), which can be integrated in the future with any platform.
- Reducing the number of development hours when creating integration with other platforms.
- Under a microservice, it is possible to allocate the separate server (if to you, for example, it is necessary to allocate more hardware resources under calculations)
- GDPR compliance. Additional data protection, you can mark out micro-versions on a separate server, and send API requests on a secure channel.
- It is convenient to outsource parts of the work to different vendors.
How integration works
We create a separate PHP application (microservice or microservice system) based on your technical requirements. In this application, there is a business logic that will be decomposed from Magento.For the development of microservices, particularly for QuickBooks Magento Integration, we use the framework – Lumen.
Microservice is usually created with the database and the API.
On the Magento side, Magento extension is developed, which acts as an adapter, which delegates all information processing to the micro-service.
Magento QuickBooks integration extension performs the following role:
- Receive and display data received from the microservice
- Send data to the microservice.