Do you know what SAP is exactly?
To begin with, SAP is one of the enterprise resource planning (ERP) software companies. It is created in Germany and is also a multinational company. Being ERP software, it gives different organizations an opportunity to manage their business operations easily. Moreover, it is considered to be a modular application that deals with collecting and integrating the information from various spheres of the business. However, SAP is not the only provider of ERP software. There are some other well-known companies such as Oracle, Microsoft, Infor Orbis, and Epicor.
Products of SAP
SAP offers its clients different types of product categories:
- customer engagement and commerce;
- IoT and digital supply chain;
- HR (human resources);
- ERP and digital core;
- cloud and data platforms;
- procurement and networks;
Moreover, there are various featured solutions. First is machine learning. You can explore machine learning applications in order to build your own intelligent enterprise with AI which can help you in uniting human experience with computer insights. Another feature is called the Internet of things. It is an innovative network of different physical objects such as vehicles, machines, home appliances, and others. They all use sensors and APIs for connecting and exchanging the information over the Internet. Then there are two more features: SAP S/4HANA Cloud and small and midsize businesses software.
Magento SAP integration
If you want to conduct your business faster and more effectively you should choose Magento SAP integration. Moreover, you can also receive from it powerful content management and various marketing features for creating a good-looking and easy-in-use website. So, contact us and we will help you in creating Magento SAP integration.
Magento SAP integration with Microservices
MageDirect integrates Magento with SAP using a single microservice, designed for you, or a network of microservices.
Simple and clear:
Microservices are a network of stand-alone mini-applications that divide your business logic into small parts that are easier to develop and maintain. Single Microservice performs exactly one business function.
Microservices can interact with each other via the API. This is a modern engineering technique that allows you to be more flexible in making routine tasks, especially if you are developing an omnichannel system.
- Business logic is separated from Magento Extension
- You will receive a standalone mini-application (microservice), which can be integrated in the future with any platform.
- Reducing the number of development hours when creating integration with other platforms.
- Under a microservice, it is possible to allocate the separate server (if to you, for example, it is necessary to allocate more hardware resources under calculations)
- GDPR compliance. Additional data protection, you can mark out micro-versions on a separate server, and send API requests on a secure channel.
- It is convenient to outsource parts of the work to different vendors.
How integration works
We create a separate PHP application (microservice or microservice system) based on your technical requirements. In this application, there is a business logic that will be decomposed from Magento.For the development of microservices, particularly for SAP Magento Integration, we use the framework – Lumen.
Microservice is usually created with the database and the API.
On the Magento side, Magento extension is developed, which acts as an adapter, which delegates all information processing to the micro-service.
Magento SAP integration extension performs the following role:
- Receive and display data received from the microservice
- Send data to the microservice.