In this blog post, we’ll inform you about the SSL certificate, why it’s so influential for eCommerce business, and provide a tutorial on how to enable SSL in Magento 2. If you’re interested in making your marketplace a safe and trustworthy place for visitors, read on.
The Reasons For Activating
It’s not a secret that the Internet is filled with frauds who hunt for users personal data, which includes any kind of contact information, name, login & password, e-mail address, bank card number and so on.
Hackers are waiting for the moment when a customer enters credit card information to pay for a product. When the order is placed, the data is sent to a web server, and exactly at this step, the data can be stolen by computer burglars. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate protects the site and doesn’t allow them to grab vital information.
Therefore, when visitors see a lock and Secure inscription near the address bar, they feel comfortable when doing shopping in the store. SSL makes customers confident in the safety of the information given. In addition, it’s very beneficial for the marketplace reputation. Otherwise, insecure and suspicious marketplaces drive potential shoppers away.
Speaking about search engine rating, Google highlights SSL as one of the factors by which the site should occupy the top positions. So, it is definitely worth it.
Which Type of Site Needs It?
Actually, SSL Certification is essential for any website, especially those which deal with money transactions. For example, it is required for online stores, websites of banks, social networks, payment systems, corporations, state enterprises, online forums and so on. The owners of such web pages should strongly protect the personal information they keep to avoid unauthorized access to it.
How Does It Work?
SSL protects the connection between customer and website. Before sending data to the server via HTTPS, the browser that the client uses converts the card number into a random set of characters. This message can be deciphered only with the help of a particular key that which is stored on the server and differs from the usual HTTP protocol. Thus, if hackers stole user’s information, they won’t understand anything as it’s encrypted.
There are plenty of services, which offer both free and paid Secure Sockets Layer options. Before enabling SSL in Magento 2 according to our guidance, be sure to configure SSL for the domain on the server.
Step-By-Step SSL Tutorial
1. Firstly, log into Magento 2 admin panel. Then navigate Stores -> Configuration in the Sidebar.
2. Open Web -> Base URLs (Secure).
3. Change http to https, just adding S letter.
4. Put YES in two paragraphs as the screen shows.
5. Click Save Config to complete the process in Magento 2.
To sum up, if you want your customers to trust your Magento 2 store more, be sure to enable SSL. Care about visitors’ safety as a reliable environment makes visitors confident in your organization. It greatly increases users satisfaction rating.
We hope that our article was useful and helped you to enable SSL in Magento 2 easily as it plays a vital role in keeping your buyers’ data private.
- What is POS? How can it help you while managing the business? What are the main...
- Follow this tutorial to clear Magento cache with no efforts. Also, you will...
- If you’re a newbie merchant and don’t know how to install Magento 2...
- In this article, we answer the popular question of what is SSL Certification....
- Get frustrated when it comes to adding Magento multiple languages? Not a...
- This easy and effortless tutorial on how to create the new admin account in...
- Want to manage email templates in your Magento 2 store? Check our article and...
- Do you know how to create custom product type? We know! And would be glad to...