We’ll be installing Magento 2 on the dev machine – Linux Ubuntu 16.04 with
- Php 7.0.7
- Mysql 5.7.12
- Composer > 1.1.2
Get Keys for your Magento
You can get them at the site https://marketplace.magento.com/. You need keys for all types of installation, so get them before you start to install. (Screens below)
1. Log in to the Magento Marketplace. If you don’t have an account, click Register.
2. Click your account name in the top-right of the page and select My Profile.
3. Click Access Keys on the Marketplace tab.
4. Click Create a New Access Key. Enter a specific name for the keys (e.g., the name of the developer receiving the keys) and click OK.
5. New public and private keys are now associated with your account that you can click to copy. Save this information or keep the page open when working with your Magento project. Use the Public key as your username and the Private key as your password.
Before the start, we create in local PC host for our Magento installation – http://localhost/mage2.dev/.
Get the Magento software
We have a few ways to install Magento 2:
1 – download archive
2 – install with composer
3 – clone from repo magento2
Download files via the following link: https://magento.com/tech-resources/download
After download, we need to Extract files in folder our host and start the installation. We can install using Setup Wizard, for run that helpers, we need to add to our site word ‘/setup’, example, http://localhost/mage2.dev/setup/ and we follow steps for, which Setup Wizard provides.
Install with composer
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition magento2
You will start without sample data and you can get that after the run of command (it is necessary for the start)
1 – php bin/magento sampledata:deploy — install sample data.
2 – php bin/magento setup:upgrade — update your composer.json
3 – php bin/magento setup:di:compile — for update you project with actual data
After that, you can return to your site and follow Setup Wizard or continue
4 – php bin/magento setupmagento setup:install — install Magento 2 using command line
Clone from repo magento2
Download files via the following link: https://github.com/magento/magento2. Branch name must consider the word ‘develop’, for work with a stable version.
After download, run composer install. If you need install ‘ext-bcmath’, run sudo apt-get install php-bcmath and try again.
2 – Use Setup Wizard or command line for installing
Install with Setup Wizard