Merchants often get confused when it comes to Magento multiple languages. Although English is considered to be a universal language in the world, not everyone knows it. Therefore, to extend auditory and cover more countries, experts recommend adding more options. In order to explain you everything in an understandable way, we will create Magento 2 store with the additional German language.
Install the required language pack
Starting this Magento tutorial, visit Magento Marketplace and pick the solution you need. To find it, go Extensions -> Content & Customizations -> Translations & Localization. There are 75 options for merchants to choose in this section. You have to use Extension Manager to complete installing. MageDirect expert has already written the step-by-step Magento tutorial on how to install an extension. So, check it out if you face this task for the first time.
Configure a New Store View
1. Log into the CMS administrator area and proceed to Stores -> All stores. Choose Create store view as it’s shown on a screenshot.
2. Now fill the gaps in Store View Information fields. Don’t forget to enable the status. Having done this, save it.
The selected country options
1. Go to Stores -> Settings -> Configuration. In the upper-left corner pick the created Store View.
2. Next, proceed to Country options and fill the gaps.
3. Below, you can edit the Store Information, too. If necessary, create a new name. Don’t forget to save the changes.
Online store pages
1. Following Magento multiple languages tutorial, navigate to Content -> Elements -> Pages.
2. Pick the page you want to translate and copy the URL Key. Then, select Add New Page. Don’t forget to paste the URL Key you copied into the ‘Search Engine Optimisation’ section.
3. Write a translated title of the page and fill the gaps.
4. Next, in Page in Websites section, click on Store View for the new page you have translated.
Sale items’ descriptions
1. Go to Catalog -> Product. Now, click on a product you need to translate.
2. So, configure the Store View to the required one and make changes in the fields. Having finished, save it.
1. Continuing the Magento tutorial, proceed to Products -> Inventory -> Categories
2. Change the Store View to the new one. At this step in Magento language guidance, you can translate the category-related content in your Magento 2 store.
1. In Magento 2 admin panel, choose Stores -> Attributes -> Product. Thus, you will see all product attributes in your online store.
2. Choose an attribute and start editing.
Particular page elements
1. Next step in Magento multiple languages guidance is Adding New Block. To do this, go to Content -> Elements -> Block.
2. Fill the Block Title and Identifier lines. Select the needed Store View.
3. If you need to translate ‘Welcome’ message, navigate to Content -> Design -> Configuration. Switch to the edit mode. Find Header paragraph. Then, enter the translated welcome message and save it.
The last one
1. Choose Stores -> Settings -> Configuration. Scroll the Magento 2 page to find the Advanced section -> Developer
2. Then, look for Translate line section, open it.
3. Tip YES in Enabled for Storefront and Enabled for Admin fields. Don’t forget to save the configuration.
You’ve done it right! Remember that providing Magento multiple languages changes, you make your marketplace more approachable for customers from all over the world. This way, So, grow, extend and enrich your online business.
- We continue to share our practical experience concerning work with Shopify. If...
- Our leading developer wrote this article in order to clarify moments concerning...
- What is POS? How can it help you while managing the business? What are the main...
- Follow this tutorial to clear Magento cache with no efforts. Also, you will...
- If you’re a newbie merchant and don’t know how to install Magento 2...
- Although it can take much time and efforts to migrate Magento 1 to Magento 2 it...
- This easy and effortless tutorial on how to create the new admin account in...