If you own a huge online store, you might have been in the situations when content management becomes too complicated and uncontrolled. In order to simplify the process of editing, deleting and publishing information, PIM was created.
What is PIM?
Product information management (PIM) is the best solution for collecting, managing and further processing of data.
Functions of PIM
- Simplifies the process of filling the product range of online stores.
- Provides user-friendly interface and wide functionality.
- Creates a single database for all the data necessary to promote the product to the market.
- Centralizes the management of product information.
- Gives an ability to work with information that is got from a wide variety of sources.
On the dashboard, you may see all the latest activity, see percentage of completeness over channels and locales and many other options.
On this tab, you may manage products, create new ones with various options (such as image, label, family, etc). Do everything with products exactly in this tab!
Here there are all import profiles, you may see, edit and delete each of them.
With the same appearance as a previous tab, here you may export files and also see, edit and delete each profile.
Settings include a wide variety of options, that you can set up in the best way for you. You can manage attributes, attribute groups, categories, families and many more features that can help you in management.
System configuration, such as language, notifications and loading messages, you can manage here. Also, if you want to know more about the system, just read information about it here.
So, what is Akeneo?
Akeneo PIM is a separate system aimed to collect, centralize and manage marketing and technical information for different catalogs. It provides you with the tools to create, edit and publish information about products, including marketing data, technical descriptions, photos and much more.
Akeneo is the startup of the French developers who launched the product in 2013. For 5 years, the system has become extremely successful in the field of eCommerce. It is used by such market giants as Samsung, Shop.com, Auchan, Jabra, and Cosmomusic.
Magento and PIM Akeneo integration
In fact, it is a great decision to integrate these two systems. Moreover, Akeneo PIM is considered to be the best solution on the market for connecting with Magento.
It allows you to centralize products management, complement the easy provision of access to your suppliers, make quick import of goods to Magento, integrate with other eCommerce sites for quick access to a new market.
To find out more about Magento and PIM Akeneo integrating, read our article where we explain the main principles of the systems’ connection. Also, you are able to send a request and get a consultation and a qualified help of our responsible team. The link is here.
Who needs Akeneo PIM?
Actually, at the very beginning of online store development, it is not complicated to deal with products’ filling. All you need are such standard tools like EXCEL. But with time, when the amount of goods is growing, working with tables requires significantly more time and efforts. In order to make this process effective, you should think about automatization.
So, Akeneo PIM is recommended in the next situations:
- Akeneo PIM would be appropriate for huge online stores with a base of goods over 5 thousand items and a large amount of customer information.
- Companies working with several sales channels (multiple online stores, retail outlets, partnership agreements, etc.).
- Online stores with a dynamic range of goods (selling seasonal products, temporary contracts with partners, short-term offers).
- Organizations that work with several suppliers.
- Firms that use several data sources about a product (more than 2 people work with a commodity base).